Monday, November 14, 2016

Rebel Vampires Volume 1 and 2 by Rosemary A. Johns


Blood Dragons (Rebel Vampires book 1) by Rosemary A Johns

 

Blood Dragons

Rebel Vampires 

Volume 1

Rosemary A Johns

 

Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance

 

Publisher: Fantasy Rebel Limited

 

Date of Publication: 14th August 2016

 

 

Number of pages: 294

Word Count: 80,000

 

Cover Artist: JD Smith

 

 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

There are three people in this affair – and two of them aren’t human… A hidden paranormal London. Light is the sexy rebel vampire of the Blood Lifer world. Since Victorian times he’s hidden in the shadows. Both predator and prey. As the woman he’s loved for fifty years is dying, Light tells a gripping story of lust, revenge and redemption. A rebel, a red-haired devil and a Moon Girl battle to save the world – or tear it apart.

 

Ruby is a savage Elizabethan Blood Lifer. She burns with a destructive love for Light. But he’s keeping something from her. Something that breaks every rule in Blood Life. When she discovers the truth, things take a terrifying turn.

 

Kathy is a seductive singer. But she’s also human. Light knows his passionate love for her is reckless but he’s enchanted. Yet such a romance is forbidden. When the two worlds collide, it could mean the end. For both species.

 

When Light discovers his ruthless family’s horrifying secret experiments, he questions whether he should be slaying or saving the humans he’s always feared. 

 

What dark revelations will Light reveal at the heart of the experiments? Will he be able to stop them in time? The consequences of failure are unimaginable. Unless Light plays the part of hero, he risks losing everything. Including the two women he loves.

 

5* “Compelling” – The Good WriterMargarita Morris 

 

5* “…a very unique paranormal romance…” - SHL Reviews 

 

5* “Completely gripping” – Silver Dagger Scriptorium

 

REBEL VAMPIRES: THE NEW FANTASY SERIES TO SINK YOUR TEETH INTO!

 

 

 

PURCHASE LINKS:

 

ASIN: B01JND7444

 

BUY LINK: http://viewbook.at/BloodDragons

 

ISBN-13: 978-1533679819

ISBN-10: 1533679819

 

BUY LINK: http://getbook.at/BloodDragons

 

Large Print Edition: 

ISBN-13: 978-1533681362

ISBN-10: 1533681368

 

http://getbook.at/BloodDragonsLarge

 

 

 

CHERRI-ANNE’S REVIEW:

Have you ever understood what you do to me?     4 GOLD FANGS

You were my blood.  Inside me. My Soul.  You had me at VAMPIRE!!  Now I confess to being drawn to this book for 2 reasons - vampires and VAMPIRES!!  Okay, and that GORGEOUS cover!  I didn't even fully read the blurb!  I already knew I would read it.  It had "vampire" and that truly was all I did need to know!  I started it feeling a touch lost, so I went and read the description, realized his name IS Light, then continued reading, reading and even more reading straight through to the end, stopping only for a bite of sleep!  This is ABSO-FANGING-LUTELY one of the most unique & ingenious Vampire books I have EVER read!  That being said, it is VERY different, thought-provoking even, almost making you reflect on Humanity as a whole from someone who is no longer purely Human.  It almost was a “heavy” read for me, not in a bad way or anything, but not something I “breezed” through.  Although it very easily could've been a long, hard read.  But with Rosemary's exceptionally creative writing style (for lack of a better term) it COMPLETELY captured me in its fangs, NEVER letting me go!  (Thankfully no harm came to this reader!)  Actually the very descriptive, almost poetic writing style reminded me very much of Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles.  This is so intriguingly well-written!  The story flow, the characters, the unique angles & viewpoints of us mere humans, the First Lifers vs the Blood Lifers, it is all truly VAMPTACULAR!!!  PURE GENIUS!!  The first-person point of view is so much more than "just" a point of view!  It's more like reading your own memoir that you penned by hand through the years, but now you are suffering from memory loss in your advanced age and don't remember it.  But as you are reading it feels familiar, deja vu, like you experienced it, truly lived  it all, but now you think it’s just a fiction novel you picked up to read.  I wish that Rosemary had included a glossary/definition/translation because I did have a bit of trouble following the language/terms in the beginning (nut = head, mush = face, bird = female/lady/woman, etc.) which slowed me down a bit, in some places I felt like I didn't grasp it at all, so I was backtracking to read the part over again, but I quickly realized that by continuing to read, the words/parts that confused me settled out.  And just because I'm not used to these words, phrases, terminology doesn't mean everyone else will have the same "issues".  It's all English to me!  bwahahaha  There was one part I came to that I just couldn't grasp the wording to understand what was going on, so I backtracked a bit and re-read that section, still didn't think I had the correct thing so I decided to just keep reading.  HA!  That did the trick!  I DID get the meaning the first time!  So from that point on, I just kept reading and before I was even maybe 10 or 15% in (of a close to 600 page story!), I realized that I was understanding almost everything and the story fluidly moved forward... until I reached the end of course!  Wink  This is obviously my first taste of Rosemary's writings, but consider me a Lifer - preferably a Blood Lifer!  wink  Her FANGNOMENAL talent shines through as bright as the sun on Light in his garage!  Now that I timed this to finish as book 2 is being delivered to my hot little hands as we speak, I am SUPER eager to see where Light will take me next!  Life’s like that: it bites you where it hurts.  The dawn came and you weren’t there. The dawn came and you weren’t…





 Blood Shackles (Rebel Vampires book 2) by Rosemary A Johns

 

Blood Shackles

Rebel Vampires

Volume 2

Rosemary A Johns

 

Standalone

 

Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance

 

Publisher: Fantasy Rebel Limited

 

Date of Publication: 1st November 2016

 

Number of pages: 368

Word Count: 90,000

 

Cover Artist: JD Smith

 

 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

 

What happens when SPARTACUS meets VAMPIRES?

A hidden paranormal London. Light is the sexy rebel vampire of the Blood Lifer world. Since Victorian times he’s hidden in the shadows. But not now. Not since someone hunted him. Enslaved him. Ripped out his fangs. When he’s bought by his alluring Mistress, Light fights to escape. Even if he can’t escape their love. But if he doesn’t, he’ll never solve the conspiracy behind the secret Blood Club...

 

WELCOME TO THE BLOOD CLUB

Who are these ruthless humans? Who’s their brutal leader? And who betrayed the secret of the Blood Lifer world?

 

WHERE THE PREDATORS

London, Primrose Hill. Grayse is the commanding slaver’s daughter. The enemy. She buys Light, like he’s a pair of designer shoes. So why does Light feel so drawn to her? Ashamed, he battles with his desire, even as he burns for her. Can a slave truly love his Mistress? Especially when his family is still in chains. Will he risk everything – even his new love – to save them?

 

BECOME THE PREY

Does a chilling conspiracy lie behind it all? A stunning revelation leads Light to an inconceivable truth. To the dark heart of the Blood Club. If he can face his worst terrors, he can save his family and his whole species from slavery.

 

Maybe he can even save himself.

 

 

PURCHASE LINKS:

 

ASIN: B01JNST30M

 

BUY LINK: http://viewbook.at/BloodShackles

 

ISBN-13:  978-0995557925 (Fantasy Rebel Limited) 

ISBN-10: 0995557926 

 

 

 

CHERRI-ANNE’S REVIEW:

what happens in this journal, stays in this journal.       4 SILVER RINGS

You can’t flay a rebel’s Soul.  WHOA... I don't even know what to say!  After finishing Blood Dragons (book 1) and going straight into this book, I still feel so attached to Light that this story he's just finished telling me is just so... personal, so... intimate and dare I say horrific?  It totally got MY SHACKLES up, just from reading it, never mind feeling, experiencing it all with him, even AS Light, to a fang point.  I may be a slave to my vampiric desires, but never a bloody slave!  This is one very different vampire book, like nothing I have ever read before, and I have read a LOT of vampire books over the years!  It's not for the faint of heart though.  Nor is it your "typical" romance story.  Actually, there isn't ANYTHING "typical" about it!  And that is EXACTLY why I fell for Light.  Now that I have pretty well adjusted, adapted, to Light's speech I find that this book flew through the pages!  Maybe the modern side of it helped a bit as well, a little something-something to relate to without even thinking of it, without even realizing it!  Of course, Mistress played a HUGE part in this as well!  The mystery of her - the REAL her - drew me in like a moth to Light!  After one horrific part, I bawled so hard for Light!  It shocked me because I didn't realize I was THAT attached to him or the story, for that matter.  At least not in that way.  While there is a lot to like - even love -  about this book & series, I found that some of the parts I truly wanted to live through Light were pretty ambiguous, yet some of the most horrible horrors were greatly detailed.  Now some of that could be because of the terminology, me understanding its meaning one way, when it was completely the opposite.  Regardless, I still did enjoy this series and will eagerly await the next book!  Rosemary is one bloody VAMPIRETASTIC author, talented beyond a slave shadow of Light!  The way the story is told - reading the journal of the main character - is bloody brilliant!  It's personal without being personal.  By that I mean that I did experience everything with Light, but through his eyes, rather than me becoming him.  I'm not sure that explains it, but I think when you read the book, you will understand what I mean.  It was every one of my revenge fantasies come true. It was…justice. Blood Lifer justice.  It felt like absolution for us all.  You’d saved me, when I was lost.

 

 

 

AUTHOR BIO & LINKS:

ROSEMARY A JOHNS is a traditionally published author of short stories under the name R. A. Johns. She is the author of Blood Dragons the compelling first instalment of the Rebel Vampires series. 

 

Rosemary A Johns wrote her first fantasy novel at the age of ten, when she discovered the weird worlds inside her head were more exciting than double swimming. Since then she’s studied history at Oxford University, run a theatre company (her critically acclaimed plays have been described as "uncomfortable, unsettling and uneasily true to life"), and worked with disability charities. 

 

When Rosemary’s not falling in love with the rebels fighting their way onto the page, she heads the Oxford writing group Dreaming Spires

 

Rosemary is a Goodreads Author:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15571684.Rosemary_A_Johns

 

To sign up to Rosemary A Johns’ VIP Email Newsletter with news of hot releases, promotions and the free short story “All the Tin Soldiers”, click here:

 

http://eepurl.com/bQ0kMX

https://rosemaryajohns.com

https://www.facebook.com/RosemaryAnnJohns

@RosemaryAJohns

https://uk.pinterest.com/rosemaryjohns1

https://plus.google.com/110702840231491433662/about

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rosemary-johns-488603121

 

No comments:

Post a Comment